02 July, 2007

Progress?

So this is where I left off re-finishing my desk, probably about 8 years ago. Yes, I am slow in finishing projects. I think its genetic. Anyway, the back and sides were also partially done. After about 4 hours of work yesterday, I think the sides, back and the left side of the inside may be ready for sanding. I hope on Wednesday to finish the inside and base, and get a start on the details between the drawers, and the trim (which is not pictured as it is currently detached from the desk) That is where the dremel will come in I think. Thanks again to the in-laws for that.

In other news this week, I finally found the Splendid Table podcast, which has apparently been going for quite a while, but I was to silly to spend the 6 seconds to find. I love Lynne Rossetto-Kasper. Her voice is so pleasant to listen to, and she knows so much about so many kinds of food! And she's local! And being local means that if she can get it at the grocery store, so can I. I have found podcasts to be one of the best things ever, as I frequently forget or am not home to listen to the shows when they are broadcast on the weekends. Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me! and This American Life are great ways to spend the commute. A weekends worth of podcasts plus a couple of episodes of Fresh Air get me through the whole week of driving. Thank goodness for NPR. (And also MPR, which while only one of these shows is produced here, still makes it possible for me to actually here them all on the radio when I remember.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: