18 October, 2007

Nifty

So here are the finished socks. I completed the second one Monday night and wore them on Tuesday. They are soft and warm and comfy. I am waiting for a new set of needles to arrive so I can start my second set next week.

Also on Tuesday we saw The Black Crowes at the State. It was a great show! They are not supporting an album right now (although a new one is due out next spring/summer) so they could do what they wanted. I find the best concerts are when no album is being supported or when the album is a greatest hits, so they can do more from the back catalog. They jammed quite bit, which was very cool. Rich (lead guitar) had broken his ankle the day before and so was playing from a chair, but if it affected the concert, it was only to make it shorter. Last time we saw them they played for almost three hours, but this show was right at two hours, and the encore was only one song. We also got cool shirts. Usually I make sure to take enough cash for a shirt, but this time I didn't plan on getting one as I got one last time. But when I saw them, I decided a second one was a good idea. I can't really describe it, it reminds me of an old west style "Dr. Jonas Smith's all natural remedy for everything" kind of ad. Pretty nifty stuff.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jillsknit said...

Monday night 6-8pm is sock of month at Amazing Threads. If you're in the area stop by and maybe we can talk you into joining!