03 May, 2008

Happy Things

Well, I did it. I finished the April socks. And here they are.




I actually managed to finish them on the 29th. I secretly like the sock on the right better. I like the stripe placement better. You can't see the pattern very well, but I like it and may one day make it for myself, however the next pair I make will be Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I am pretty confident that these will fit Sharon, and hey, with the weather we've been having she may even get to wear them yet this spring.

Other happy news: I just found out that my cousin Liz is getting married! Congratulations Liz and Scott! I thought it was strange when I got married and the family was down to only one Elizabeth S, does this mean that we'll have two Elizabeths but no S?

Even more happy news: On Monday I will be able to take a shower upstairs! Yes folks, it only took 41/2 months to repair the tile damage from having the window replaced.

Oh and also we took a TON of clothes to Goodwill today. We both have so much more closet space! I need bottoms for summer and maybe one or two tops, but luckily dresses and shirts aren't really what I am shrinking out of. They just fit a little better. And most of my dresses have a fair amount of adjustability to them.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Thanks!! I'll probably turn into an Elizabeth M, but it won't be for another year or so.

Congratulations on all the project finishing *and* on being able to donate so much to Goodwill!