08 October, 2006

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Today we went to see the new Scorsese film The Departed. It was very good. right before we left for the theatre, we saw a review for it on TV where the guy said it had is three top movie annoyances: too long (2 1/2 hours), too much violence and too much swearing. At which point James and I looked at each other and said "that sounds like the requirements for a good movie in this house!" (Quentin Tarantino is in both of our top three favorite directors) And yes, there was A LOT of violence and swearing (mostly in the form of "fuck" and it's variations, which happens to be my favorite curse word.) A very good plot with dual moles in opposing organizations, and a couple of clever twists. Apparently it is based on a Hong Kong movie. James & I were wondering if maybe we needed to start watching more Hong Kong action flicks.

I had something else in mind to write about too, but I forgot what it was. I guess I'll post it when I remember what it is.

No comments: