17 March, 2008

Random Thoughts

So last week I had a lot of trouble getting up in the morning. More than usual even. Drat that daylight savings time. But the neat thing was, driving east as the sun rose, I got to see gorgeous sunrises nearly every day. The sun was that wonderful color that only really the sun can be, and only at sunrise. Red and orange and gold and... such a perfectly wonderful color that it is hard to describe. And even if it could be captured, it could never be perfectly captured. I don't think for instance, that I would like a dress that color. I think by the time it was fabric it wouldn't be quite right. Even in silk it wouldn't be quite right, though much closer. Anyway, were would I wear silk the color of the sun at sunrise in March.

No progress on the bathroom this week, but my Easter socks are coming along. I don't think that I will have any trouble finishing them by Sunday. Then I can work on the afghan some and start on the March sock of the month. It seems like a neat pattern, but I am reserving judgement on the yarn.

Yesterday we moved the treadmill out of the laundry room and into the living room. It isn't pretty there behind the recliners, and I can't put mine all the way back anymore, but it sure is more pleasant to use. I am thinking of using the wall behind it as a place for some sort of art project. James said he would like to have a picture there, but I am not sure about having something in a frame right there. I would be afraid of knocking in to it. I am feeling somewhat inspired by the art experiment that Margaret sent to Liz. We'll see what comes of it. It is nice to own a home and know that I am not forfeiting my damage deposit by painting whatever I feel like on the walls.

I have also started modifying t-shirts to fit me better. I will take some pictures next time I work on them. So far so good. I have re-shaped two (they have curves in all the right places) and just need to hem the sleeves and bottoms. I have almost a dozen more to go I think. I don't want to stop wearing them, but some are so big that they aren't remotely comfortable. I have a few, mostly recovered from the storage of childhood items at the parent's, that I will convert into a quilt or some other type of art project. Most likely a quilt. It is something I have been thinking of doing for a while, especially with those that people have signed. I don't want the writing to fade or come out in the wash. One day I may start all of the projects in my head. Finishing is a different dream. I like what Liz did with her t-shirt quilt; putting it on a fleece blanket as a backer, but I may do something more two-sided, some sort of mega block design. I haven't decided. And anyway, it will probably be quite a while before I get started. Plenty of time to figure it out.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hooray for painting! And for quilting! And for sunrises in March. :-)