22 July, 2006

My hair, the bane of my existence

So we are going to this gala for Lifetouch's 70th anniversary next Saturday, and I cannot figure out what to do with my hair. I have a great evening gown, shoes (though if I can find better ones in the next week I will return them) and my accessories are all picked out. I just can't seem to do anything with my hair. I found a great style on the web, but when I went to try it, there was no way it was going to work. My hair is just to thick. Bobby pins bend out of shape at the mere sight of my hair. I want to do a nice, elegant up style. I wear buns and braids to work a lot, so I want something different. I have never successfully put it into a french twist, it is always too long (like it is now) or too short or maybe just to thick, I don't know. Even when I flat iron it I can't really do anything. I may have to go with a low bun. Poo. I wanted something new and exciting. Any suggestions are welcome. Going to a hairdresser is not an option, they cost too much, so I need to be able to at least theoretically do it myself. I think I will go and try a french twist variation one more time, who knows, maybe I'll luck out. My frizzy wavy thick-but-kinda-fine hair really is the bane of my trying to avoid looking to frumpy existence.

No comments: