02 July, 2006

Funny Stuff

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is one of the funniest shows on NPR. And I actually learn from it! It is a news quiz that has funny people on a panel answering questions, as well as listeners playing quiz games to win Karl Casell's voice on their home answering machine. I myself played and won the listener limerick challenge about a year and a half ago. However, by the time I got the tape, I no longer had a home answering machine.

In other news, I had a great time at Deb's 50th. They had a band called the Crawlers that was made up of doctors from St Cloud State. They were pretty good. Deb was all excited because she had sky-dived the day before with her kids. We got to see the video, which was fun. She looked all excited until the second before she jumped, when she looked a little spooked. I'm glad she had a good time.

The Guthrie experience on the other hand was awful. The new theater is ok, I still have mixed feelings about the architecture. The seats are better though. The thing that made the event suck was that they wouldn't let anyone into the auditoriums until after Joe Dowling had made his address at 1. So even though Dad and I got there at noon to beat the crowds, we couldn't see what we came for until 1:30 (the time at which I had hoped to be heading out). So we went to the Mill City Museum and learned about Minneapolis' flour milling history to kill some time. It really doesn't take real long to see the lobby areas, so we needed something to do for a while. When we got back, we had some lunch and then stood in line for half and hour so that we could go and see what we had arrived 2 hours or so earlier to see.

And in even further news (I really need to write a little more often I think) we bought a new stove yesterday! Yeah! No more crappy bad thermostat stove! It will be delivered next Saturday, at which point I will talk about it's nifty features after I get to try some of them out.

No comments: