13 July, 2006

New stove excitement!



So we got our new stove on Saturday and I Love IT! It has a built in timer, and the flat top is much easier to clean. It seems like it takes longer to heat up a pan, but that is probably a good thing. We haven't tried the convection feature on the oven yet, but probably will soon. It has a warm feature, which is great when I don't plan well and things are done too early. It also has a nice big window and a light so there isn't so much opening of the door. It also features a clock and two dual size burners. It is nice to be able to tell it to make a burner larger or smaller depending on what pan I am using. I think that I will try out my griddle on it this weekend and see how that goes. Yeah! I really like our new stove.

This Saturday I am going fancy dress shopping with Heidi. It should be fun. Why fancy dress shopping you wonder, well, James' company (Lifetouch) is celebrating their 70th anniversary this year and the are having a gala to celebrate. However, I do not have a gala worthy dress, thus the fancy dress shopping. I am looking forward to the shopping, oddly. Usually shopping is frustrating because I am made up of about 4 different sizes, and am just on the edge between regular sizes and women's sizes. But dresses usually go pretty well, especially with and a-line or full skirt so that the top fits well, and the fuller skirt covers my fuller hips without straining. Anyway, it should be fun even if I don't find anything. Heidi always cracks me up.

No comments: