31 July, 2006

Big Sigh

I feel a little blah just now. James is in Des Moines. He is supposed to be back Wednesday, but he may come home tomorrow instead. I always feel a little lost when he is gone. Like I should take advantage of the alone time and get a ton of things done. But I never get half of my list accomplished. I do feel good that I got the laundry done, blocked 4 more squares for my afghan and walked for an episode of Angel on the treadmill. I should be going to bed, but even though I am sleepy, I just don't really want to crawl in just yet.
I was reading Liz's blog tonight about her wonderful sounding trip to Maine with Scott's family. They sound great, and like a wonderful fit for Liz. The differences between us struck me as much as the similarities. A four mile run is probably not something I could even realistically contemplate at this point, but on the other hand, reading to unwind may be the most common thread in our family. I never realized how large a family Brenda is a part of. I can't even imagine having that many cousins.
Anyway, a melancholy mood does not an interesting blog make.
The gala for lifetouch was alright. The food was good. When it was announced after dinner that the entertainment for the evening was Lionel Ritchie we left. Along with about half of the people there. He doesn't seem to have been a popular choice. Oh well.

No comments: